Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Happenings

Had a rather uneventful day at work. Just the usual, a few calls, a few appointments, and a few walk-ins.

After work however was a different story. I was walking on my way to meet Kari Jo (because I don't have a car out here) and Omar called and asked if I wanted to go swimming. Taking into account that it was 100+ degrees outside, I decided it was a good idea. So Omar picked me up on the side of the road and we went to his place to change clothes. While we were there I asked him how much it would cost to get into the public pool and he looked at me like I was crazy. Fortunate for me when he said swimming, he meant boating. I hadn't been out on a boat since I have been here so I was excited. Omar's friend Kevin picked us up and we headed to American Falls to meet Kevin's friends/co-workers Lonnie and _______ (Lonnie's brother, I cant remember his name right now). Lonnie, his bro, and his bro's girlfriend were already out on the lake so they just came in to get us. On the way to the lake Kevin was telling me that everyone was going to wakeboard (They tell me it is very similar to snowboarding but I have never done that before). Well I have water-skied and I have knee boarded but I had never wake boarded so I knew it was going to be an adventure. Everyone except for Omar and me had done it so we had some good teachers. To make a long story short Omar went first and got up on his second try. He wasn't up very long when he decided he wanted to jump some wake, needless to say he bit it pretty hard. When it was my turn I got up on my feet the first time but it took 3 or 4 times before I could ride for any length of time. I never got brave enough to jump the wake but I had a really good time regardless. When it started to get dark we went in and then went to Pizza Hut for dinner.


Cerebration

I want to be a train engineer. You know, the guy who drives the train. Since I am having doubts about law school I might as well go on leave and fulfill the desire to be a train engineer. I decided on this profession because that is what all the guys do that we went boating with (except Omar). They make good money ($80k or more a year) and it doesn't require any additional schooling. NYU allows students to go on leave in between law school years so why shouldn't I? I mean, I'll be making enough money to make payments on my school loans and such. Just something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home